13 November 2009

Where We Are, Friday, 13 November, 2009.

First, I'll admit something that will surprise you:
I'm glad Barack Obama was elected...
Because if McCain had been elected, he'd be making many of the mistakes BHO is making and I wouldn't be able to shout "FOOL!" at the top of my lungs. He'd be my fool.
Bringing Khalid Sheik Mohammed to trial in civilian court is such a huge mistake, I can't assign words to describe how I feel right now. I'll ask again...
Is this administration systematically TRYING to destroy this country?

BUT...
Obama's election has opened the doors to blunt, honest discussion that we've avoided too long. If you didn't see Glen Beck's program this afternoon, you missed an eye opener...
A crowd of Black people talking openly about how Liberals cause many of their own problems. (I know... many of you have been convinced Beck is a loon, but most of you have never watched his show, have you?! Take a look at today's show... it'll be on again late tonight. Then try to tell me he's not doing constructive work.)
It's a discussion we MUST have. It's a discussion I think we would not be having had McCain been elected.


Obama ran his campaign saying he'd bring us together. So far, he's pushing the races apart. But his election has made this discussion possible, so I'm sincerely hopeful the healing may begin in spite of him, rather than because of him.
How odd, huh?

5 comments:

Rita said...

I honestly believe that Obama has done more damage to race relations than anyone in years. Before I knew much about him, I was impressed with his speeches. He began to lose me at first hearing Rev. Wright's speeches and the final blow was his speech in San Francisco with the infamous "clinging to guns and religion".

He showed his true colors with his comments concerning Cambridge police officer James Crowley.

CnC said...

Watch the new series "V" Obamaits are having fits about it, I watched the rebroadcast on fancast and it really hits home with the "hope and change" crowd. I am shocked ABC would allow a show on it's network that jabs obama like that.

ddf said...

Glenn Beck is a loon, a nut, a crazy man...and I DVR him EVERY night. He makes me laugh ("You're a camera man, your not supposed to have an opinion!") He makes me think. The show on Friday 13th was outstanding.

CJ said...

I was only able to catch a little of Glenn on Friday but it was pretty interesting. Loved the woman who asked Glenn if he thought 'African-American' or black and then said African-American is just PC stupidity.

Maybe the tide's turning...

cjh

Rita said...

I thought I had set my DVR to record V after seeing some of the clips online. I loved the clips I saw, there was some talk about posting the episodes online so we could catch the ones we missed.