11 November 2021

Remembering Genius

Charles Krauthammer died in 2018.
I was an AVID viewer of "Special Report" on Fox News mostly because of his input there.
When he died I felt I had lost a close friend.

Knowing this, my son bought his book "Things That Matter" as a gift for me a couple years back.
It's a compilation of his columns for the Washington Post, each of which can be read in a few minutes. It is a PERFECT book for the "Throne Room", and that's where I placed it.

I had read through about a third of the book when "the organizer" in my family decided it was taking up too much space in the bathroom and "organized" it... somewhere.
(I also have magazines in a drawer next to the throne, so I didn't immediately notice it was missing.)

I rediscovered the book just before we made our sojourn to Destin, and included it in my "books to read" during our six weeks here. It now resides in the thro... 'er... "library" here, and I intend to finish it before we depart on 15 December. "Organizing" it here would be impossible.

I still miss Charles terribly.
He was a voice of sanity in this crazy world.
And the fact his logic is no longer available to us might be part of the reason we now live in Bizarro world.



4 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I feel similarly.
My only regret was that he did not embrace Trump.

Greybeard said...

"He didn't embrace Trump".
Exactly right.
But he sure as HELL didn't support Hillary.
I cannot remember...
Who was the Independent candidate?
Maybe he supported her/him.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

He spoke his informed mind and damn the consequences.

Old NFO said...

That he was.