18 November 2021

And Little By Little, Life Slips Away.

He did odd jobs for us. We had much in common. We became close friends.
Trying his best to keep his wife happy he moved away, then moved again even farther.
We stayed in touch via email. He sent the message he had been diagnosed with a rare cancer...
It was traveling through his body via his nerves. It had found its way to his brain.

Our lives were better because of him. His "Handy" work was excellent. He was always smiling.
He had troubles with his family but never dwelt on negative things.

Today we got word he is gone.
He was 54.
And our lives are not as full today as they were yesterday.

But he would not want us focusing on that.
He was "right with God" and would want us thinking of the times we laughed, and there were many.

We'll focus on our blessings.
While we're alive, we will LIVE.
It's my hope you will too.

"Joe" would like that.

6 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Condolences on the loss of your friend and the many people his life touched.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'm sorry for our loss.
Even though I never knew him.

Greybeard said...

You knew his sort, Ed.
The kinda guy that made you wonder what he had that you don't, until you found out he was trying to be Christlike.
Thanks to you and WSF... we'll miss knowing that we'd see him again at some point.

Old NFO said...

Condolences and may he rest in peace.

Joe said...

You, and his family are in my prayers

Mary Kay O'Neill said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Dave. In the last two years, I've lost nearly all my girlfriends. One passed at 90 from basically old age and a broken hip. Another at 85 from asbestosis - she used to work for Johns Manville. One passed in her sleep from congestive heart failure - she was 72, another one passed from dementia and trigeminal neuroglia - Marie was my best friend; she was 85. I know I could use a few younger friends. However, at my age - 75 - it's not so easy to make new friends. And I'm soon to lose my life partner, love and companion, my husband of 32.5 years because he just doesn't want to be married anymore. Nice, huh?