13 November 2021

Not THAT Huey.

I'm a gearhead.
Being a gearhead is getting harder and harder these days because of the four-wheeled computers we're driving. They sure don't have the "soul" of the muscle cars of yore.
And that's why I love watching "Jay Leno's Garage".

Every week, Jay has a show devoted to REAL cars and other people that enjoy them.
A couple weeks ago he had Huey Lewis of "Huey Lewis and the News" on the show. Huey drove a DeLorean, (definitely NOT a muscle car!)

I didn't recognize Huey.
His scraggly beard made recognizing him more difficult, but my confusion was mainly because the man has aged.
Let me emphasize that: Huey is three years younger than me. But WOW, has he AGED!

When you feel good as I feel... when you can still get around better than most of your peers... it's difficult to realize you are no longer a pup.

Until you get slapped in the kisser by the appearance of someone like Huey Lewis!

7 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Surrounded by old people your age?

Greybeard said...

Yep.
And many of 'em are having health difficulties.
As long as they don't dwell on them they can stay.
I hate that.

Old NFO said...

Yep, we aren't 21 anymore, regardless of what we're thinking... sigh

Ed Bonderenka said...

Did you fly a Huey?

The Old Man said...

Brotherman, you KNOW it's not the age, it's the mileage. Bosslady says he looks like he's 80. As long as I outlive Hanoi Jane and Shrillary, I'll be OK. Give our best to SJ and let her know we're still ringing the prayer bell for her.

Greybeard said...

I first wondered if you were joking with that question, Ed.
Just in case you were not... I flew Hueys for 20 years and accrued 3002 hours in various iterations of them.

Ed Bonderenka said...

That was supposed to be "Didn't"