16 November 2021

Huh?

I go to the bathroom and shut the door to "take care of business".
"Mumpf doddle henky blurp doah?" She asks.
"I'm sorry honey. I cannot understand you."

The bathroom is two rooms away. I wash my hands before dinner-
"Cortle beepin' strobe sink?"
"I'm sorry hon. What'd you say?"

I'm slowly losing my hearing. Much of my ability to converse with others is now done via lipreading.

I'm brushing my teeth-
"Poddo kibble bloat wuwu nurf?"

I laugh.
This situation is only gonna get worse.
Gotta see the humor in it, now, and later.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Eh???

Mommanurse said...

Some years ago, while at work, two coworkers walked by me talking. The conversation I heard made me bust out laughing. They looked at me like I was nuts. I told them, "I don't know what you were saying, but what I heard was " blah blah blah, PHONE SEX, blah blah blah."

Flugelman said...

My life in the morning before I get my hearing aids in. BTW the VA does a great job with hearing loss.

Greybeard said...

Flugel-
I got fabulous, expen$ive aids from the VA.
So far they've been a disappointment. They were supposed to focus on the human voice frequency range and amplify it. My experience is that they amplify EVERYTHING and haven't really helped me at all.
But now... I'm beginning to hear "boot" when my wife says "loot", and they may help me to better differentiate words she is saying.
Unless she's two rooms away and water is running. ;)