08 November 2021

I Need To Chill !

We'd just finished shopping at Wally World when I saw it parked, snuggled up against the front of the building-
"Big Red Bus". A Bloodmobile.
Enter in the back; go through the tests, give blood, then exit via the front door.
"Wanta give blood?" I ask my wife. "Do we have any groceries that will spoil if we leave 'em for 30 minutes"?
"No", she responds. "But what about the fact we just returned from Mexico?"
She's got a point and I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe the rules have changed.

Approaching the rear door I see the sign-
"You MUST wear a mask to enter."
I'm instantly at 10 on a scale of 10. But at home most are ignoring the requirement... maybe here too?

We stand outside the vehicle to ask. An attractive (Nurse?) appears and we ask if we must don masks to enter. "Yes" she says.
"We're both vaccinated" says I, heatedly.
"I am in complete agreement with you" she says, "and I am arguing with my company about the policy. But it IS their policy!"

Sara Jean saves the day-
"We just returned from Mexico. Could we give blood?"
"Only if you've been back more than three months."
We've only been back a month, so we couldn't have been "heroes" even had we wanted.

But I'm taking the Howard Beale stance from now on-
"I'm mad as Hell, and I'm NOT gonna take this anymore."

Require a mask? Karen.

2 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I haven't been vaccinated. I won't be vaccinated. Mask? Put it where the sun don't shine.

Being an old fart with no dependents there are few things I must purchase, or places I must enter. Should someplace require masks, I vote my wallet.

Greybeard said...

"Fool, Well Seasoned"-
I couldn't agree more.
Most of these places now have an "app" that allows you to place a detailed order, pay for it with plastic, then pick your order up delivered by an overpaid flunky at the store/restaurant, (or have it delivered to your door).
We'll be paying extra for this "convenience" too. The price of gas is gonna impact every facet of our lives, isn't it?