31 October 2008

Via Email From a Friend-

Dear Fellow Business Owner


As a Business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama will be our next President, and that my Taxes and Fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that our customers will have to see an increase in my fees of about 8%. I will also have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did.
I strolled thru the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employees
cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of more fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know.
I am sending this letter to all business owners that I know.


Sincerely
Ward

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

That is a brilliant letter. I got a giggle. Thanks!

Flightfire said...

I have a question for you Greybeard. You obviously like the military. You have served in the military. You think everyone who has been in the military should have special retirement and health benefits provided by the government. How do you propose we even have a military without taxes of some kind being raised?

Do you just want to go in more debt? Do you want to cut out all government spending except the military? I don't understand what you and your ilk are hoping for. What does your ideal future look like for our country?

p.s. If you can't answer that question except in the negative (i.e. what you DON'T want to see) then don't even bother.

I'll give you an example. I hope that we can get out of Iraq and not have it collapse on us. I'm hoping that we can transfer our economy over to an energy source that is clean and independent of places like Russia, Saudia Arabia, and Venzuela. I hope that we can provide basic health care to everyone who needs it. I hope that we can provide a good basic science, history, math, and english education to every single kid in the United States.

What do you want for the future? I'm trying to understand.