14 August 2010

Fear, and Anger

What in the world is going on in my country?
Things are out of control and our leadership is making things worse.

The term "Coup D'etat" actually came up in a forum I was participating in a few nights ago.
I've used the term "tinderbox" to describe what I'm seeing and feeling, and that seems even more appropriate now...
What happens when the majority of the populace realizes they're being ignored and starts thinking about available options?

The coming election is SO critical...
I pray it goes without a hitch and we get the country back on the path to sanity, because the anger I'm feeling frightens me.

2 comments:

CJ said...

I've been struggling with something to say to this, GB. I've gotten to the point where I feel like I've said it all and I don't want to keep repeating myself but...

I still believe in the quiet, decent American, the one that knows what's right and is willing to take a stand to make sure things are as they were meant to be.

We may be a vanishing breed but, hopefully, there are still enough of us out there to make a difference.

This election means everything. Circle the wagons, rally the troops, and never, ever shut up.

It's all we can do.

cjh

Timothy Frazier said...

From the Declaration of Independence:

"...all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

I believe we are on the tipping point. If this next election does not restore some balance to and reverse the despotic direction we are currently pointed in, some of us will begin a more intense consideration about our "right", our "duty, to throw off such Government." Where not too long ago I was a voice of caution, I am increasingly more alarmed that our efforts in debate, argument, and campaigning are too little, too late. Escalation is looking more and more like the only viable option.