31 December 2008

The Artist Formerly Known As "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince"

I love my title, don't you?

Prince's "1999"...
It's ten years since the year/focus of the song. So much apocalyptic worrying about the transition from 1999 to 2000, it all ended up just being so much unnecessary worry. We should always remember that, shouldn't we?...
Change the things you can, but ignore the things you have no power to change.
Are you, like me, worried about a financial collapse in the coming year? What are you doing to protect yourself?

Still, I love the song.
(Ya gotta put up with a short advertisement to view it.)
Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wrote: Change the things you can, but ignore the things you have no power to change.

Reminds me of my favorite prayer:

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference."

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to all of you guys.

Cissy Apple said...

This little story reminds me of when I was on the IT team at Kimball. We had prepared for months for Y2K...testing all of our software and hardware. We were all on call on New Year's Eve, 1999, prepared to come into work as soon as we were called. One of our programmers worked that night and was going to call us in if needed.

The ONLY thing that blew up when the clock struck midnight was the Y2K countdown app that Kimball had posted on the corporate Intranet! Now, wouldn't you think someone would've programmed that thing to not allow the very thing it was counting down to NOT go haywire?