28 January 2006

"The Kiss"

Oh no, this ain't goin' where you might imagine!

To fly with my company as a Paramedic or Nurse, you have to have at least 5 years experience in emergency care. So all my Paramedics have been out on the street in ambulances, and have "seen the elephant.......heard the owl."

In another of those late night conversations, one of my favorite Paramedics was talking about airbags, and the perfect lipstick prints he sometimes finds on bags in cars driven by women.
The bag deploys, and the lady "kisses" it as the bag does it's job protecting her.

The thought brought a smile to my face. A good Ad Agency should make an advertisement with an example of this phenomenon.

We also talked about another circumstance. Frequently, particularly when I'm driving long distances and tired, I cross my hands on the steering wheel so my right hand is on the left, and vice-versa. This places my forearms just over the airbag, crossed.
My Paramedic advises me that he also takes patients to the hospital that have put their arm or arms over the bag, only to break their nose with their own extremities.

Take it as a caution from someone that does it too often.........it's better to have nothing between you and the deploying airbag.
That "kiss" needs to be unobstructed.

7 comments:

the golden horse said...

Very informative, but not as much fun as in the back of a Tbird.
How about those headlights???

Greybeard said...

"Fun, Fun, Fun!"

As I recall, the headlights were wonderful!

Made me smile, GH!

the golden horse said...

Thought that might get the juices flowing.
You are welcome for the smile.

Purple Tabby said...

I'd like to hear more about the back of that T-bird, please.

Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Greybeard said...

A gentleman never tells!

I know, I know......
But I'm gonna pretend to be one anyway, this time!

the golden horse said...

I am pleading the 5th here and playing like the three monkeys. Hear, see and speak no evil or anything incriminating for that matter. lol.

TwoDogs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.