15 June 2023

Mailbox Baseball !

Some years ago our mailbox and ALL the mailboxes on our street were destroyed by someone, (probably exuberant youths). Since this was the second time this had happened I was exasperated. To replace our box I bought a box made of very heavy-duty plastic that snapped together like a kit.

That box lasted undamaged until today when my wife returned from an errand and asked, "Have you seen our mailbox?"
I had not. It was in several pieces alongside our road.

I just returned from snapping our "kit" mailbox back together.

"I just published a post supporting President Trump on my FaceBook page" says she. "I'm sure that's the reason someone did this to us", says she.
"Paranoid", thinks me, (but wanting to maintain peace in our household I kept my thoughts to myself.)

But isn't it a shame that that thought even occurs to us? And it certainly falls within the realm of possibility.

Today you cannot put a conservative bumper sticker on your car without having to worry about your vehicle being keyed! I'm no longer comfortable with my world. Heck, I'm no longer comfortable in my own neighborhood.

I'm ready for the "reset", even though that will be ugly.

8 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

There is not a single sicker on my vehicle. I've even removed the dealership sticker. I'm not worried about vandals especially, just our out of control government agencies. Why make it easy for them?

Anonymous said...

Has she read the indictment yet? You should really show her the indictment. Here's a link to it.

https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/static/2023/06/trump-indictment.pdf

Greybeard said...

Thanks Anonymous.
It'd be nice if you had the courage to identify yourself.
If you're a regular reader you know I think Donald Trump is a jerk. But GOD tells us to judge a tree by the fruit it bears.
Biden's fruit is rotten.
Trump's? Ask yourself... was the country in a better place in 2020?
I'll vote for him even if he's in jail.

Gerry said...

Unfortunately I live on a narrow country road. No shoulder, it will fit two cars or one truck with a trailer. Hard no on two trucks with trailers or a car and farm equipment.

I replace my neighbor's and my mailbox every 6-12 months. Not wishing to brag but when I do it it resembles a NASCAR pitstop.

About 1/3 of the time someone stops to let me know they killed the mailbox.

I would bet it was inattentive driving, not the girls from The View.

Greybeard said...

I think you're right, Gerry.
Odd thing is, I was home at the time it was hit and heard nothing.
I guess plastic being exploded doesn't make a lot of noise! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, calling yourself "Greybeard" doesn't really make you less anonymous than me! The last 3 years have flown by! Personally, I'm doing much better than I was 3 years ago. Household salaries are both up 35%, which is great even if inflation takes a generous 7-9% of that. My side gig netted 70k thanks to the infrastucture spending in 2022. This year will be the same or better. I stimulated the economy by adding on to my primary home and completely paid off my rental home in 2022. So honestly, things for ME have never been better. Only complaint is my 401k balance has been pretty flat.

But the crimes committed by DJT have nothing to do with Trump vs Biden. The guy is a first class POS, as you recognize. You have other choices in the primary...why not pick one of those and restore some HONOR to your side of the aisle? If not, then what do you really stand for?

PS, sorry about your mailbox, that sucks and was cowardly.

Greybeard said...

Anon-
Point well taken I guess about my Nom-de-plume, although you CAN look at my "About Me" info and get an idea about my standing for having some opinions.
The crimes committed by DJT?
I just watched "My Son Hunter". I suggest it for everyone. It starts by saying "This is NOT a true story. (Except for all the facts.)"
I felt soiled upon by the time the movie ended.

Thanks for your comment.

Old NFO said...

Yep, lots of folks are now 'wondering' when things like that happen... sigh