26 April 2020

"What's That?"

Pointing under our coffee table she exclaimed, "WHAT'S THAT"?

It was moving, slowly. I had no trouble identifying it... a spider, about the size of a U.S. quarter dollar.
She immediately reached for a slipper to squish it.

"Don't do that!" I shouted...
"I'll take care of it."

I got up, got a wine glass, and covered him/her.
And we finished watching an episode of "Twilight Zone" and two episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" on "MeTV".
I then got a stout piece of printer paper, slid it 'neath the glass, and carried glass, paper, and spider outdoors where she/he belonged.

One of God's amazing inventions, I've always been fascinated with spiders and snakes.
And yes, they have a place in our world.
That place is... out of doors.


Sara Jean thinks I'm crazy.
I wonder what God thinks?

5 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

He's headed back now with 1000 of his closest friends to get even with you.....

Greybeard said...

At work some years ago Ed, there was a REALLY big wolf spider crossing the floor. I tried this same technique on it, but on the way to release it outdoors SHE found a gap between the glass and paper and fell to the floor, whereupon her THOUSANDS of babies spread out across the floor like a bomb burst.
I had to quickly grab the vacuum and suck 'em up, totally defeating my effort at preserving her life, and theirs.
Kharma?
I was trying!

Old NFO said...

We had a pet Cane spider in Hawaii years ago. She lived in a corner of the lanai, and her web was big enough and strong enough to take a little bit of hamburger... LOL Fed her for at least 3-4 months before she disappeared.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

As the old mountain men would say, "Don't go bothering something that ain't bothering you". Today, don't kill something that is of no danger to you. Remove them, yes.

glasslass said...

When I do this people tell me I'm crazy. Not saying they are not correct but always figured I'd give those critters their chance at life.