26 July 2023

Bugs In The Bed !

Happening more frequently now-
At 3 A.M. she sits bolt upright in bed.
Her rapid intake of breath tells me she's frightened again.
"What's the matter Honey?"
She's looking at her pillow-
"THERE'S BUGS ALL OVER THE BED!"

I sweep my arm where she's indicating and say, "See, there's nothing there."
"YOU'RE SPREADING THEM ALL OVER!"
"No honey, look. There's nothing there."

Still frightened, she stares down at her pillow for a while, confused.
Eventually the bugs disappear. She lays back down and quickly goes back to sleep.
My heart is pounding.
I lie for over an hour thinking about how I don't like what I see in our future.

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Prayers for y'all.

Greybeard said...

Thank you Navy.
She's treated me like a King for over 40 years.
It's "payback time".
I just hope I can always realize she's not well.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I don't know what to say except that you and she are in my prayers.

Greybeard said...

Thanks Ed.
We need 'em terribly and gladly accept them.
I hope our Lord gives me strength.

Marie said...

This breaks my heart for you both. Sending you so much love and so many prayers,

Gerry said...

Prayers out.