28 March 2022

Four/Dash 65. Turn It UP!

My part of the world is greening up now.
Willow trees. Tulip trees and Dogwoods are in full bloom.
Winter Wheat fields look gorgeous. (And with Ukraine's fields lying fallow the farmers that have wheat and soybeans in the ground have big smiles on their faces today!)

I grew up just South of Indianapolis, Indiana. During my formative years FEW had air conditioning in their cars because most simply thought a few summer months could be survived by simply rolling the car windows down.
And the resulting breeze required a BIG clockwise-twist of the volume knob on the radio!

During the "brass monkey alert" months of January it was this time of year everyone looked forward to.
Windows down meant Spring smells; Spring sounds; and the air hitting you in the face and blowing your hair wasn't uncomfortable.

Today? We isolate ourselves from the world, and we don't have to turn the volume up so loud to hear our Sirius/XM multi-speaker sound systems.

I have FOND memories of windows down AND radio blaring.
Just don't ask me if I'd like to go back there. ;)

2 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

That is what motorcycles are for.

Old NFO said...

Ah yes, 2-55 back when I was little... Two windows down, 55 mph. Grandpa was NOT a speedster, at least with me in the car!