21 February 2022

"Hey! Remember me?"

When I got the email I didn't recognize the name...
"Hey ****, it's Suzie. Remember me?"
And THAT presents a problem. During my High School years I enjoyed dating two "Suzies". Which Suzie IS this? So I have to play a game and hope for clues.

Both girls were cute as bugs. One had the BIG eyes of a Doe.
As it turned out, "Doe eyes" was the Suzie emailing me.
We corresponded off and on for a while, then set up a reunion with other classmates.

The reunion happened in her home. Ten classmates showed up... most of 'em
I had not seen in almost 40 years. I graduated in a class of 140, and had attended the same school with 70 of those for all 12 years of elementary/High School. We were a close group.
But WOW, how my classmates had changed in 40 years!

Friends are important to me. I LOVE staying in touch with them, knowing what's going on in their lives.
But time ticks away... tick, tick, TOCK.
And when you've not seen someone in a long time, you MUST prepare yourself for what time has wrought.

"Doe Eyes" was now a 65 year old woman, looking NOTHING like I remembered. But the reunion was great, and it took all of 15 minutes for all of us to be perfectly comfortable with one another again.
We've had several reunions since.
And that's the only way for the passage of time to not be a shock.
I recommend LOTS of reunions.



2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Small class for me too.
%0th was last August.
Lot of fun, even though I was apprehensive.
I even enjoyed seeing an old friend who is such a leftist I had to unfriend him on FB.
He later e-mailed me that he enjoyed seeing me also.
One guy got three PhDs and was a college professor.
Told me he had fond memories of hanging out at my house, listening to the music I played.
He's conservative, also, which amazed me.
For the life of me, I have no memories of him ever visiting our house.
Most of the guys I was close to have passed on.
My prom date, Miss Michigan, was a no show.
That's alright. She stood me up at the prom, also. :)

Old NFO said...

Reunions are 'interesting' to put it mildly... The amount of change in some is startling, and and LACK of change in others is more startling!