16 October 2023

The Incredible Shrinking Woman !

"Let's get your height and weight" said the Physician's Assistant.
"Okay", says my beautiful wife.
"You're 5 feet 7 inches" says the P.A..
"That's NOT POSSIBLE!" exclaims my spouse.
"Well, let's check it again".
And the numbers didn't change.

When I met her 43 years ago she was 5 feet 11 inches tall, blonde, and all legs. In MOST stores she was easy to find because she was taller than the goods displayed in the aisles... all I had to do was look for that blonde hair over there across the store.
No longer.
Somewhere along the way in that four decades she has lost 4 inches, (mostly in her neck).

Apparently this is not unusual.
Now I'M frightened to get on the scale and be measured...
I was a little "vertically challenged" to begin with!

4 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Loss of height is caused by the weight of accumulated knowledge stored in the brain.

Old NFO said...

Yep, we shrink and our feet get bigger... sigh

Ed Bonderenka said...

My wife is half the size she was when I married her.
300 pounds down to 115.
Shrinkage.

Rain Trueax said...

I was in shock and disbelief also at the last time I got measured. I call myself 5'7" but was really 1/2" uder that. Now, I am apparently 5'5". I guess that's aging but I don't like it.