11 September 2023

Momma Ain't Happy !

"Can you give me a hand?" she asked.
"Sure", I responded, and followed her out the front door.
There I found my wife with a hammer, some tacks, and Old Glory.
She proceeded to place the Stars and Stripes as shown above then said, "Tack it up there for me."
And I did.

Initially I was uncomfortable with the display. But after watching my president(?) suggest we all "Go to bed",
I think the concern she wants to portray is more than valid.

If we all stand by and let this lunacy continue, we deserve the whuppin' we're gonna get.
My Wife says, "Speak up. It's time!"

4 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

My roll of 'forever' stamps has flags. Maybe I will strat putting them on envelopes upside down.

Old NFO said...

I'm already doing that WSF... sigh

Anonymous said...

But you're cool with this?

Shortly after he left office, former President Donald J. Trump shared apparently classified information about American nuclear submarines with an Australian businessman during an evening of conversation at Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence in Florida, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The businessman, Anthony Pratt, a billionaire member of Mar-a-Lago who runs one of the world’s largest cardboard companies, went on to share the sensitive details about the submarines with several others, the people said, potentially endangering the U.S. nuclear fleet.
...
During his talk with Mr. Pratt, Mr. Trump revealed at least two pieces of critical information about the U.S. submarines’ tactical capacities, according to the people familiar with the matter. Those included how many nuclear warheads the vessels carried and how close they could get to their Russian counterparts without being detected.
--NYT 10/5/23

Greybeard said...

So "Anonymous"...
You're happy with the direction our country is taking now?
Why?