29 September 2021

"Do You See That Dog?"

Returning from my potty break at 0230 hours she quietly asked me that question.
I've been watching every new video on Lewy Body Dementia I can review and knew that at some point shadows might be a problem.
I bought a small lantern to light up her side of the bed in hopes that would help. But in this case the shadow of the sitting chair with decorative pillows on top cast a shadow on the wall that DID resemble a small terrier-type dog sitting on the chair.
"No sweetheart, that's not a dog. It's just a shadow."
And thank Heavens that was enough to satisfy her. She went back to sleep.
But then she started talking... no, "muttering" is the term that fits better, in her sleep.
She's always had "restless leg syndrome, and she has a lotta leg to move around when she's having a bout with that problem.
She's also beginning to fidget a lot while she sleeps.
She's not sleeping well at all, and it is likely that problem will worsen for her, and for me.
This is not a fun ride to be on. So can we stop it and let the two of us get off now?

4 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Dat to day, the best wat.

Old NFO said...

Prayers is all I can offer.

Anonymous said...

You're both in my prayers. CNF

Anonymous said...

God does not chose anyone for this type of journey. He only chooses special people whom he knows can handle the pitfalls ahead. He has chosen you for this journey and as long as your faith remains strong, you will be fine. You have our prayers and your faith and your love for Sara Jean. You're gonna be alright. Sorry to sound mushy, but it's the truth. I did the same for my Dad for years and would not trade the experience for anything in the world. Sometimes through trials come many blessings. Hang in there, you got this.
Alex