08 July 2021

July 2021 Road Trip

We won't have a diagnosis of Sara Jean's condition until mid-month. But we are noticing changes in her thought processes and both of us now think the news will be bad. To that end we have decided to check off some of her bucket list items as quickly as possible.

She has always wanted to see Cape Hatteras.
We are in Lexington, KY this morning, surrounded by Blue Grass and beautiful fenced-in pastures. Today we will drive to Petersburg, VA to spend the night and be ready for a drive to see the rocky coast.
Before the day ends we hope to also check off one of my bucket list items- The Wright Brothers "First Flight" memorial at Kill Devil Hills.

Beyond that we are making things up as we go along. Headed back home I think I want to put one leg in Virginia and the other in Tennessee at Bristol.

If you have ideas about what you think we'd enjoy seeing/doing, please leave a comment.

5 comments:

Greybeard said...

"Elsa" may play a hand in our travels today. I enjoy driving in rain... even HEAVY rain.
But other drivers worry me.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

https://www.nps.gov/places/wickliffe-mounds-state-historic-site.htm
A place I've wanted to explore instead of just a quick pop in.

Old NFO said...

Do whatever strikes your fancy. NOW is the time to do that. One thing I would do, even if you're not necessarily a train fan, is to catch the UP Big Boy next month as it travels the midwest. It is HUGE and amazing tech for its time.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I second OldNFO. There are several FB groups and the tour schedule is now published. Plus, several are on static display around the country.

Greybeard said...

It's touring through our town. I wouldn't miss it for the world.
That monster is ALIVE! :)