24 November 2011

Face- Updated



I'm a sucker for a beautiful face.
This one stunned me.
No, it's not a young Bo Derek.
You may know her if you're into historical trivia.
Hers is a fascinating story! (WWII Germany)


Know her?

24November Update-
Both "The History Channel" and "The Military Channel" have had a lot of programming devoted to Nazi Germany and the steps leading to World War II lately. Regular readers know I see many comparisons with that era and what is going on in the U.S.A. right now. (In his comment to the post just below this one, Ed Bonderenka points out that the Nazi party started out as community organizers. Start the spooky music now!)

One of the programs I watched was devoted to the fact that many Nazi leaders (certainly including Hitler) were interested in the occult, and thought ancient civilizations could not have accomplished their great works without the aid of "other world" beings. We've seen some of this interest portrayed in movies like "Raiders of The Lost Ark".

The face above belongs to a gal named Maria Orsic (or Orsitsch). She was a member of a post-WWI group called "The Vril Society". They wanted to know how the ancients, in their buildings and art, could accomplish things impossible (or nearly impossible) to accomplish today.
I think we still have much to learn from history. I think we are a LONG way from having all the answers. If you agree, click the links and read some more about the Vril, and the beautiful gal who mysteriously disappeared from the face of the earth in 1943.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was Madeline Ccarol
NMR

Greybeard said...

This is Twilight Zone stuff Mom.

Anonymous said...

My wifes guess is Ingred Bergman.


From Hoosierland

Joe said...

Vril -- I guess we know what stuff George Lucas was reading when he wrote Star Wars!

Old NFO said...

Very interesting, and yes she was beautiful!

Ed Bonderenka said...

I thought she belonged to the Thule Group.
What deal did she make with the devil to look like that?

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

I look just like that after I'm finished photoshopping my self-portraits.