19 January 2007

ARGH! What's That Bright Orb?

I tossed and turned most of the night, every half hour or so glancing at the alarm clock... 3:14, 3:30, 4:05, 4:28, 4:58.
The alarm was set for 5:00, so I sat up in bed and turned the alarm off so it wouldn't wake Sara Jean. I HATE working days!

My natural cycle is attuned to night work.
It helps that I love flying at night.
An opposite shift pilot felt ill yesterday and called to say he wasn't coming in today, so I had plenty of warning that I'd be up at "Oh-dark-thirty".
It inevitably means I toss and turn all night long, worrying I'll oversleep.

There's this bright circle in the sky that I don't normally see while I preflight the BK 117!
During the pre-dawn drive to work, I realized I had left my sunglasses at home... had to borrow an extra pair from my female nurse.
(They look mighty pretty on me!)

Back to nights tomorrow, Thank God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I like flying at night, too. My other half gets up bright and early - 0500 or so and can't understand why I'm still asleep. I'm really happy flying trips to Tokyo and being up all night. In my next life I'm going to be on the other side of the cockpit door and fly for a freight hauler!