22 August 2024

The "Peter Principle"- A Permutation.

One of the things I have seen during my military career that has slightly overflowed into my civilian life will be uncomfortable to discuss here at "Pitchpull" but is MY truth that we can discuss:
On several occasions I have watched a male officer advance into senior ranks bring an attractive female assistant along with him as an "aide" while rumors flew that the reason she was being advanced was not because of her expertise as an expert in any field.

We're seeing that unfair scenario unfold now at the presidential election level with the democrat candidate.
And no one is talking about it.

I fear for our country's future.

6 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

What is fair is any candidate who will impact our collective fate needs to be scrutinized, female or male, ruthlessly.

Old NFO said...

You are NOT the only one, trust me... Grrrr...

Gerry said...

Well I'll disagree on this one. The current VP was selected to check a box and to retain the allegiance of a two large democratic voting blocs, women and blacks. I will agree she is way over her head.

Greybeard said...

"I will agree she is way over her head. "
Umm, I fail to see how we disagree, Gerry!

Rain Trueax said...

They say now it's racism to say she was chosen by DEI. If that's so, then Biden was the one who started it about her. I think it's why many support her now with no clue what she'd do if she wins...

Greybeard said...

Rain, to me it is racism to announce that rather than pick the best person for the job you're gonna nominate one with attributes "A, B, and C".
And the country suffers for it.