13 May 2019

Then I Saw Her Face...

Now I'm a believer.

How many times have you been in love?
One of the great things about becoming an old man is that I now know that seeing a beautiful face;
Loving what I see...
Will lead nowhere.
So I've learned to just enjoy God's artwork.

I've been in love several times in my life
And when you know it cannnot lead to a "happily ever after" ending, that's a special kind of pain.
But the saying "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" is true.
I'm glad to have experienced that pain.

3 comments:

Greybeard said...

To explain the post-
I now LOVE being able to flirt like crazy, and not be taken serious at all. (Dirty old man?) :)
Harmless.

Old NFO said...

Yep, harmless is what most of us old farts are... LOL

Ed Bonderenka said...

I never want to flirt with someone other than my wife.
I think it would hurt her.
I'm a Mike Pence kinda guy.