31 December 2005

A New Year's Eve Anniversary

I met Sara Jean 25 years ago today.
We've lived happily ever after.
NOT!

Our relationship is never dull. I've discussed the fact that she was raised in the city and is uncomfortable in the dark, where I was raised with a pig farm outside my 4th Grade classroom and I absolutely hate the fact that ambient light keeps me from seeing the stars I saw as a youngster.
We argue a lot. We always make up. Making up can be fun.

In the first "Rocky" movie, when asked about his relationship with Adrienne, Rocky says "Gaps........she fills gaps in my life."
Sara Jean is my polar opposite.
I'm pretty laid back- she is a ball of energy.
I can be an insensitive jerk- she is expert at coming along behind me putting out fires.
She is a "clean freak". I...........well, let's just say I'm not.

The Greybeard family has spent the last week in our paradise, partly in celebration of this day. Unfortunately, Big Bubba has to be back to work at Oh-Dark-Thirty tomorrow morning, so we are packing the car and will be on the road the biggest part of our anniversary, (But I bought her the bling-bling yesterday, and she is pleased.)

She brings joy to my life in countless ways.
What would I do without her?
I don't want to think about it.

Happy Anniversary Baby.......
You are the solid foundation on which I depend.
Thank you for putting up with my quirks for these 25 years.
Ready for the next 25?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job bubba. we have #30 coming up. hard to believe. love to sara jean.

Jeff said...

Hi Greybeard - I don't know what took me so long to check out your site, probably life and working on helicopter ratings, but I'm glad I did, and you're a Vietnam Helicopter pilot to boot! I respect what you guys went through back then. I’m currently reading; To the Limit by Tom Johnson. So far it’s a pretty good read about an Air Cav Huey pilot in Vietnam around the 67 time frame. You posted on my site back in Feb 2010 on the Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam series I found on You Tube.

I read about your x-country from Torrance to San Antonio. Very interesting! I just did a x-country in a R22 we picked up from the factory and flew to Alaska. I blogged about it: Day 1-5, 35 hours. Did I say my butt is still sore? What a flight and an adventure I won't soon forget. Check it out if you have a free moment or two. Anyway I'll be sure to check back often. I know it's not always easy to blog, thanks for your insights.