30 May 2005

Memorial Day

This came today, addressed to several veterans, from a Paramedic that used to fly with me.......
(and Sis, this means you, too!)

Hello,
Every Memorial Day and Veteran's Day I try to take a moment and simply inhale the freedom that surrounds me and my family.
I wouldn't have that opportunity if there were not men and women like you who stood up and said "I Will" when the call came.
The fields of battle have taken your brothers and sisters, and mine.
Husbands, wives, sons and daughters have given life and limb
so that I may not worry for mine.
Thank every one of you who has served, continues to serve or has lost one who served.
As long as I live I will thank you and remember you for your sacrifices.

Mike

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton Jr.


Wow.
It's wonderful to get a note like this.
Thank you, Mike, for taking the time to make me feel better!

And I say, to all those men and women out there selfless enough to risk their lives for others:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And I also thank you for those that won't say it,
and use their freedoms to denigrate you and subvert your goals,
and are too self-centered to think how without you, their lives might not be worth living!

No comments: