18 May 2022

We Got Da Covid !

I NEVER get sick.
Two days ago (Sunday) I started coughing. I also had a drippy nose. But I was mowing the lawn and initially attributed the symptoms to dust and allergies.
That night both conditions worsened. The following morning I called my "meals" delivery boss and told her although I was capable of delivering meals I did not feel comfortable exposing our clients to my "gallopin' gump".
That day Sara Jean attended a previously scheduled appointment with her Doctor and he gave her several Covid home testing kits.
Both our test results were positive.

I have symptoms of an irritating, moderate summer cold. Sara Jean, so far, has no symptoms at all. But we are going to be safe... I just ordered pickup of an order at Wally World, where someone else gathers up your order and you just call to let them know to bring it out to your car... one of the few good things to come out of this Covid fiasco.

I could die.
But barring a meteor or lightning strike, I don't think that's gonna happen right away.
Nevertheless, pray for me.
I still have mischief to attend to.


4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, prayers for both of you to have a quick and complete recovery!

Gerry said...

Get better.
My neighbor is in the same shape. He tested positive but his wife shows negative. They think the exposure was from a grandkid. He was out bush hogging and dealing with sick horses.
BTW they all had the current load of shots and boosters.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Prayers for a quick recovery from whatever you have.
Professional chivi tests are meaningless, much less home tests.

Joe said...

Get well soon