04 January 2020

Woman in Gold

^ That's the title of the movie I watched last night. I recommend it.
 Here are the details
if you're interested. (I LOVE Helen Mirren!)

Based mostly on a true story, at the end of the movie there's a statement that over 100,000 priceless art objects stolen by the Nazis have not been returned to their rightful owners.
Heartbreaking.

I read a book some years back about what happened to the Japanese when (Democrat!) FDR forced them into concentration camps.
They too, for the most part, lost all their worldly goods.
Is there a "Restitution" movement ongoing for the Japanese too?

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's a good question, and I don't have an answer... sigh

Greybeard said...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Liberties_Act_of_1988

Les said...

It happen to German-Americans as well. Some put in camps, some sent to Nazi Germany as trade for something (our teenagers think they have it tough). From "The Train to Crystal City".