16 October 2017

How's That Pudding Taste?

William Tecumseh Sherman.

I often wonder how Abraham Lincoln had to feel, hearing the news of Sherman's "March to the Sea".
Knowing the General was pretty much destroying EVERYTHING in his path; homes, businesses, railroads, crops... I'm sure he suffered some pangs. But he had also suffered while he watched ineffective Generals lead Northern Troops into losing battles, one after another.
"War is Hell"... Sherman knew how to fight.
And Sherman was succeeding.

Now comes Donald Trump. (Remember, I could NOT bring myself to vote for him last election... too liberal for me.)
I'm offended by some of his behavior in the past.
I cringe at some of his speeches.
His "Tweets" frequently are laughably adolescent.
But... "The proof is in the pudding", isn't it?

I've chosen French Vanilla.
And it tastes pretty good.

3 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

So long as he is draining the swamp, I'll support him. Reminds me of a Sargent we had. Disliked him intently while recognizing if the Soviets came through the Fulda Gap we were as ready as we could be.

Old NFO said...

Agree with WSF...

Ed Bonderenka said...

With the criticisms I hold of President Trump, I find it hard to voice them for fear of lending support to his enemies, who are also mine.