06 November 2015

To Sleep, Perchance To Dream?

Sleep... nap, really.
Wake, and my mind goes ninety miles an hour.
Sleep an hour or so more.
Wake, look at the clock, stagger to the bathroom.
Back to bed... rest and wait for sleep to return.
Repeat this cycle a couple times each night.

I think part of the problem is lack of activity.
We spend much of the day watching news, then stuff we've recorded on the DVR. The only real exercise we get is on our two-mile walks, which have been interrupted lately by lots of rain.


An article on "healthy sleep" that I read yesterday also reminded me that drinking Diet Coke all day gives me a decent dose of caffeine.
I'll switch to caffeine free.
I'd hate to think my days of  "sleeping like a baby" are gone forever.

Suggestions?




3 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Three aspirin washed down with a beer or glass of wine.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I go to bed early, exhausted and wake 6 hours later.
And I'm reading your blog.
I'm still working daily.
Nyquil.
It's not just for nights.

eiaftinfo said...

My wife has struggled with sleep for the last 2 years. She is a 2nd shift pharmacist at the University of Iowa hospital. Seems this is a common issue for hospital workers. They pointed her to the SHUTi program linked below. She finished up the 6 week program a couple weeks ago and it has made a truly stunning difference. She is sleeping a full 8 hours a night and has finally gotten to the point where she feels rested. She is probably close to your age, she'll be 65 in January. The hospital paid for her course but if sleep is becoming a real struggle, a $135 fee may well be worth it to you. Here is the link . . .

Bill

http://shuti.me/