06 September 2011

6 September 1986

I had been out of work 8 months. My unemployment checks had ceased and my "networking" to find another flying job in the area had apparently failed. What was I gonna do? How would I pay the bills?
In the distance, I could hear the proverbial howling of the wolves.


The phone rang. It was my friend J.M....
"You still looking for a job? I need you. How soon can you start?"

There have been mergers and acquisitions, so my paychecks have had three different signatures on them. But today I'm celebrating 25 years flying as an EMS helicopter pilot.
What a long, strange trip it's been!

7 comments:

Unfortunately Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Here's to your health and to your prosperity. May the next 25 years of flight be as rewarding as the last. :)

Timothy Frazier said...

Ditto!

Heli gunner Tom said...

You have many great skills, old buddy. But read/ see: Proverbs 3:5 ... "trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean NOT unto your own understanding." It worked for me! Retired from Chrysler, etc., and Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70. Please visit me soon: tschuckman@aol.com --Wisconsin-- the land of cheesy liberals..Ha!

Tom Schuckman
Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and Heaven is my Home.

CnC said...

congrats buddy!

Grumpy Old Brit said...

Congratulations form your daytime partner. Don't think I'm going to last that long....I hope.

CJ said...

GB -

Congrats, sir! Gotta say something that you've been at it for so long.

And may you have as many more as you want.

cjh

Old NFO said...

And you NEVER gave up... :-)