08 January 2006

2006 I.D.I.O.T.

Certainly I am not so dense to think my readers didn't know the point I was trying to make.

2006 C.E. ?

What a pantload!

I asked what happened to start the "common era" 2006 years ago, and got some nice explanations as to what C.E. is, but no answer as to what started it.
The reason?
I believe this common era probably started with the birth of Jesus Christ.
That makes it pretty special in my book!
If I'm wrong, I'll immediately give up my candidacy for the position of "King of the World".....
I certainly can't be that delusional and hope to lead you all to a more wonderful existence!

But what am I to think of anyone that would try to make me think the date 2006 has nothing to do with my personal Lord and Savior?
Those folks should immediately start using the Chinese or Jewish Calendars. The date at the top of those is not 2006. I'm sure they would be much more comfortable with them!

Or maybe this is all just a stupid joke that I didn't completely understand.
I really can be pretty thick, ya know.
In that case, let's use dates like:

2006 H.Y. (Henny Youngman)

or

2006 P.F. (Pink Flamingo)

Both make as much sense as C.E., because.......try all you wish to separate 2006 from Anno Domini, when you see the number 2006, remember......
it is inseparably connected to Jesus Christ!

And.......2006 I.D.I.O.T.?

Illuminating
Deceptions
Involving
Our
Time!

Sorry to burst so many bubbles out there.

No comments: