28 November 2016

Good Health Is the Slowest Way To Die

I'll be 70 in a couple months.
I'm VERY healthy, thank God.
I frequently hear, "Well, you don't look it."
Good genes. Refusal to allow stress to bug me.
Good planning?

Friends, acquaintances, and relatives all around me are dealing with life's curveballs.
Some of them are counting days, not years.

When you get to be Seventy, you begin to look at assets and plan...
How do I work my life so that when the retirement account dollars reach ZERO, I pass quietly in my sleep?
I'm now working on that.

I've never been to London.

3 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

At age 72 I live like I always have. Get up every day and start putting one foot in front of the other.

Had a terrific 21st birthday in London.

Old NFO said...

SO another 20 years, eh??? :-) And London isn't much to talk about... Just sayin...

mkquilts1965 said...

Hi Graybeard,
Turning 70 isn't that big of a deal. Remember I'm older than you are so I turned 70 last month. I must say the dampness botheres me a little more and it's been raining like crazy here in sunny? California.