06 February 2013

Meet The Blogger!

Ya start reading blogs, and from the words, try to imagine what the authors would be like.
Read the words long enough and you can't help but have a good idea whether or not you'd like to have a personal relationship with the writer.
But is it wise to actually meet?
Or is it better to continue imagining?

I have pulled the trigger on meeting several of the folks who stop by and leave comments here.
Cary, Larry, Helen, Rita, Mark... others I may be disremembering. (Not intentionally).
So far, "Meet the Blogger(s)" has been quite the pleasant experience. And I also think meeting someone and having the ability to put a face to the words has enhanced the experience of reading those blogs.

This month (fingers crossed) I'll be adding another face to my reading experience, providing she doesn't die beforehand. We're going to a memorial fly-in for an uncle, and that event just happens to be unfolding in a town where a favorite blogger lives. When she found we'd be in her neighborhood she suggested dinner one evening.
I think the meeting will be a hoot, provided she has recovered from what she is calling "New Moan-ya".

And if she's fully healthy, we may even start planning something nefarious.
I'll let ya know.

5 comments:

David said...

I've had the same thoughts from time to time. I've wondered if maybe some of us webcam and Skype-equipped bloggers (which I've yet to acquire) shouldn't have a sort of webcast sometime so maybe we could put a face to some of those we blog with, and maybe do some sharing with each other in real time.

Ed Bonderenka said...

When I got out of the service, I went across country staying overnight with people I met in the service.
It was fun.
I was wondering just yesterday if that would work with certain fellow bloggers.

Rita said...

We need to arrange a meeting with cj and Ed. Can't imagine them not being "our kind of people".

So far you are my only online friend that I've actually met.

But you never know, I was mostly taken in by Jeff D, and someone outed him as a complete liar. He had spent years inventing some blogger life he made up. I remember telling Geez once that I sometimes doubted that so many bad things could happen to one person, but what helped to convince me was after some "tragedy"' he would be offline for quite awhile, which seemed to be normal.

But it was all a lie.

Why would someone do that? I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm glad I found my on,one friends and I would rather occasionally get taken in by one than believe everyone is fake.

Btw, did you see the SVKers post about Ronnie Day?

We lost a SV legend.

Old NFO said...

Travel safe and enjoy the meeting! And if you get a chance, go to one of the blog meets! We're as nuts in person as we appear... :-D

lotta joy said...

I can now breathe out of one nostril and one lung. Here's hoping....