10 August 2012

Then Came Bronson



To say I was excited when this show first aired would be understatement...
I actually blocked off the time to watch it every week.
Although entertaining, it ended up being a disappointment...
Route 66 rehashed with a motorcycle standing in for the Corvette.

But it was nothing short of amazing watching "Bronson" expertly using that Harley Sportster for things it was never intended to do-
Motocross, for instance.
For years, all helicopters sounded EXACTLY like the Bell 47s we saw on M.A.S.H.. 
I guess that was the only helicopter sound they had on file, so every onscreen whirlybird HAD to sound like that. And a motorcycle is a motorcycle, right? (Look closely at the bike "Bronson" is riding on the beach in the video.)
A Sportster can do ANYTHING, so long as Bronson is aboard.
The show ended up being a joke.


Want to watch a more realistic story with a motorcycle theme?
I recommend this one.

4 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Wottayathink of Electra-Glide in Blue?

Greybeard said...

I saw "Electra Glide" when it come out Ed, and don't remember bein' particularly impressed with it.
(Mighty big bike for a mighty small man, huh?)

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Furthermore, Michael Parks was known far and wide to be an egomaniacal arshole.

I saw EGIB in the theatres. I dug it just for the bike, then.

BZ

Old NFO said...

Interesting, I'll go find it. A couple of years ago I met a guy up in Halifax that was completing a one year ride from Vancouver down the west coast to Tierra del Fuego, back up the east coast to Halifax and was heading back to Vancouver and home. He was 63 and was riding a BMW (but I don't remember which off road model).